What is Pinguino?
|Language:||English • español • 日本語 • русский|
There are so many great platforms for creating digitally enabled devices that its gotten hard to figure out which one to use. Arduino is maybe one of the most famous but it is based on ATMEL Microcontrollers. The goal of this project is to bring the simplicity of Arduino language to the PIC ©Microchip Microcontrollers with buil-in USB hardware.
- Pinguino is an Open Source and Open Hardware project.
- Pinguino is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Pinguino is compatible both with 8-bit (PIC18F with built-in USB module only) and 32-bit (PIC32MX) ©Microchip Microcontrollers.
- Pinguino uses free and open source compilers (SDCC and gcc-mips-elf, a targeted version of gcc for PIC32 microcontrollers) available for GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Pinguino is an Arduino-Like project. It means Pinguino is almost 100% compatible with Arduino Language and Libraries.